Diving in Paradise!
I had not done any research on dive centers in Seychelles. So when I arrived in Mahe I had to go looking. The moment I entered Blue Sea Divers, I knew I had found the right place! A dive center which is professionally run with excellent diving equipment and located at a perfect place.
The dive center is located in Beau Vallon beach, one of the most famous beaches, on the North West coast of Mahe.
The owner, Sylvain Mortier, from France, is very professional and a great person to meet. He has lived in Seychelles for years so he has become a ‘local’ and happy to give any advice one might need. It wasn’t just Sylvain though; everybody working at the dive center was amazing! I was in tears the day I had to say goodbye to everybody working there.
The dive center offers plenty of dive sites, all worth seeing! I had the chance to dive at:
- Twin Barges Wreck
- Coral Garden
- Dragons Teeth
- Bay Ternay marine park
- Auberge Reef
- Sunset Rocks
- North point Rocks
The coral was beautiful, and the marine life very diverse: whale sharks, dolphins, turtles, schools of Jack Fish, Barracuda, Stingrays and Reef sharks and the list goes on and on.
Blue Sea Divers arrange barbeques for their customers, which is a real must plus you can have some fun on the beach should you decide to rent a canoe.
Also they have started diving cruises http://diving-cruises.com/ with Galatea (their boat) which is something very new as they started in 2013 so I hope I go on a live aboard with them some time very soon
- Whale shark migration is from June to December, especially in September and October.
- Baobab pizzeria right next door to the dive center has excellent pizza
- I was told of a great take away also close by where we had lunch some days
- there is a stall with fresh exotic fruits right next to the dive centre
- I would recommend you stay in a hotel in Beau Vallon, I stayed at Augerine Guest House which was close by. Medium budget hotel but very nice location, clean with beautiful garden. http://www.augerinehotel.com/
- Do make a tour of Mahe island